Monday, March 29, 2010

Basketball Jones

Played in an basketball Alumni fund-raiser Tourney over the past weekend. Over the years, the tourney has raised $19,000 for the local School sports scene.

Hadn't touched a basketball in 4 years.
Didn't know what to expect as the last time I played my right big toe gave me so much trouble I hadn't played since.
Was on the Old Timers team, from 1978 graduates and older. As a '74 grad, I was the 2nd oldest guy that played. Was just there "in case", but played a little. Shot twice, scored a long 2 pointer (toe on the line) and a 3 pointer. We won 1 out of 3 games.

Last 2 out of the last 3 years this team did really well, winning the tourney once. Not bad for a bunch of guys playing kids 30 plus years younger then us.
I didn't take any pics, probably a good thing!!

No comments: