Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Hawaii Day 6

Got up at 6:30 for my 7:30 surfing lesson. Bad news was my camera failed due to water in it. All the doors were closed. Not good.
No surfing pics.
I didn't do as well as I thought I should do. Got up ok most of the time, even though my arms were pretty well shot from pushing the mtb bike yesterday for 3 hrs.

The bad part was that there were too many people on the "bunny waves". There was a lot of surfers slamming into each other, but it was still a neat experience. I thought about going back out on my own after the lesson, but was just too tired.

Had my iphone so took pics during the day with it. We cruised around the southwest side of the island and stopped at a beach just to hang out. Blew out my sandals the day before and had to duct tape them up.
Then we stopped at a fruit stand for some iced coconut juice and watched the owner slice up a coconut for the juice and meat inside and also slice up a pineapple.



Nice work, ladies!

Early in the evening we got on a sailboat with another couple for a sunset sail. There is room for 18, but only 4 had signed up. The women from the other couple grew up in a small eastern WI town, Freedom, 20 miles from Appleton, where we lived for awhile.
It was an easy chocie....Scotch Mist.






No comments: