Tuesday, May 28, 2013

McKenzie River Trail, Oregon

My son Chris drove up from the San Jose area and we rode the 26 miles of the McKenzie River Trail together. I'm not qualified to label any trial as the best in the USA, so I'll have to just agree it's one of the best mtn bike trails I've been on.
The Umpqua River Trail was harder, for sure, and they rate pretty close in scenery to me, but for actual mtn. biking "fun" I'd have to rate the McKenzie over the North Umpqua. How it rates against Alpine at Oakridge is open to debate.
From the Tamolitch Pool (Falls) to the end, the biking was as good as it gets IMO.

Chris at the start.




We took the left (a bit further and more lava to get through)
















 2nd drop after Sahalie.





Tamolitch Pool (Falls). Very interesting, it's actually the McKenzie after it resurfaces.
 





We didn't spot this guy, lifted the pic off a website.








No comments: