Monday, August 11, 2014

Texas Mtn. Biking 2014

Slipped out for an afternoon during our week in Texas. Flat Rock Ranch.
Lower Loop. Video link I stole of the internet.


My handy dandy cooler/backpack. Water and ice, nice combo on a hot Texas afternoon. Over 90 degrees F.
Rented a Trek Rumblefish from Pearl Bike Shop for 1/2 a day.
Trail was right at an hr. north of town, so got in 2 1/2 hrs. of riding. All of the Lower Loop and some of the Upper.

A few sheep and lots of deer with fawns hiding from the sun in the tree and shrub covered draws.

 One decent up hill pull called the Power Line.

Had a few technical sections. Dry conditions so not bad but could have been a different story if they had been wet.



Going up a technical section got almost to the top before I dabbed, too high a gear. This was staring me in the face as I unclipped.

No comments: