Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Badge State Games, Fat Bike Race.

A little 21 mile sprint with the boys.....Badger State Games, Fat Bike Race.
Have to admit, I went out a bit shakey. Seems my body really wasn't in the mood for the first 30 minutes or so. I was out of breath and it was a bit painful in the legs, arms and especially hands.
I started taking in deep, slow breaths and soon the lungs felt fine and the body started to relax and I enjoyed the ride.

A couple guys passed me and I passed them back and then one passed me again and I passed him once more at the start of the 3rd lap and that's how it ended. I finished strong....the younger guys commented on that.

I started in 5th and ended in 5th.
Fun time at a local trail in the middle of winter....riding a bike.

Buddy Al that raced as well came back to the house and we slid into the hot tub for a bit then went out for dinner with our wives and our grandkids....good times.


Photo Credits: Theresa Stuesser/Silent Sports Magazine


No comments: