Thursday, October 9, 2014

Oregon Mt. Bachelor Ride

Found myself in the Pacific Northwest again for work. With my son and DIL recently moving from Los Gatos, CA to Bend, OR it worked out great to snag my sister that lives in Portland and head over to Bend to see their new digs.
They had a 50k run planned, The Flagline Trail Fest, that starts at Mt. Bachelor.
So I planned a mtn. bike ride that started very near there and rode the trails into Bend. About a 35-40 mile ride.
Started out at Swampy Lakes and made my way down Swede Ridge/Shuttle to the Phil's Complex trails. Whoops, Phils and up and over Heli-Pad, then south on Storm King finally connecting with the Deschuttes River Trail into Bend.
Met my sister for lunch in town then continued on to their house.
Got to ride my DIL's Rocky Mountain Instinct....very nice ride.
Great weekend!

 Off  the deck of their house. They have a great view of Mt. Jefferson, Hood and the Deschuttes River.


The start of the 50k.

On the bike trail.



xc ski/snowshoe cabin. Getting ready for winter.


Still have collarbone issues so didn't take many chances. That, plus we forgot to swap out her flats for my SPD pedals.



Didn't actually ride this trail....will some day though. Stay tuned.

No comments: